Monday, June 22, 2009

The other day...
my friend said...
"You still don't understand me
You know me for many years
but....
You still don't understand me
You don't know the other part of me"
speechless...
just didn't know what to say
I was hurt
but...
then...
I realized maybe my friend was right
"SORRY", I said
let me say something
I may not understand you well
but...
you can still count on me
I can be...
a good listener
I can be...
understanding
UNDERSTAND and UNDERSTANDING
can be different
though they are relative
take care my friend
love you as always.
God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. aah, you have written it for someone specific...but, this post brings many thoughts to me, Venus

    I think we come to blogging wanting to put forth our thoughts, know how others think...and then we expect a whole world of "understanding" from people, with these bits and pieces we present of ourselves, and they present of them...ofcourse, some frequencies match and the frienship goes on...Some wither away midway,

    My only wish and hope is let frienships stay on..no one can understand another in all depths...but the thought that we have 'understanding' friends or those who considerately listen to us is very relieving,

    I thank you Venus for being such a friend to me..I'm sure the other friend would soon come back,

    wishes,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true it is...wonderful exposition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Venus,

    You've explained yourself very beautifully. Your attitude towards your friend is the ideal for any good friend.

    (It is long time since I came hear as I am not having net connection.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful poem, astonishing pictures, the Hibiscus is a delight. I am enchanted to see your Blogs. You are a very talented girl. Go on writing!

    ReplyDelete